Are you fascinated with analyzing complex problems and like to find out-of-the-box and innovative solutions that can help us create a more sustainable planet?
As we are rapidly expanding our business to start a solar and wind power revolution, we are looking for a CFD Engineer who can work with our team to develop and implement innovative technologies!
Who we are?
IBIS Power is an award-winning scale-up company providing effective, innovative renewable energy solutions with highest impact to society. Our breakthrough product, PowerNEST, combines cutting edge solar and wind technologies to reduce the built environment’s reliance on fossil fuels and gasoline by making high efficient, architecturally integrated renewable energy solutions for high rise buildings. Our vision is to build a world running completely on renewable energy where clean energy is available and affordable for everyone, pulling human energy needs into harmony with nature.
What to expect?
In this role, you are going to perform Computational Fluid Dynamics analysis for our breakthrough technology, PowerNEST, work with the R&D team towards developing, testing and validating the next step of improved efficiency, link acoustics and structural stresses to wind flow analysis, to evaluate its potential for new and existing buildings, and to optimize the design and structure of the Venturi system. Your role is to support the projects and the R&D team by providing technical expertise in problem resolution, cost reduction and quality improvement optimizing the placement and energy output of PowerNEST on the roof of medium to high rise buildings.
Key responsibilities within this role:
- Perform CFD wind flow analysis of ducted integrated VAWT’s with moving turbine.
- Perform iterative design analysis of mechanical system and components.
- Provide technical expertise in problem resolution, cost reduction, and quality improvement in client projects
- Support R&D team in product improvement, design and development activities.
- Provide effective design solutions to optimize product functionality, reliability and stability.
- Follow best practices for accurate computational efficiency.
- Provide accurate and detailed reports of CFD results.
- Perform technical design reviews with innovative solutions and recommend improvements.
- Work with Testing team in developing and executing design verification plans and mechanical testing methods.
- Ensure that product design and performance meet technical and functional requirements.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor or Masters degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, computational sciences, or a related field
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals, particularly computational fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and solid mechanics
- Experience with in particular CFD, and preferably also FEA or other numerical analysis
- Experience with experimental setup and data analysis
- Experience with 3D CAD
- Programming experience (FORTRAN/Python/MATLAB) is preferred but not necessary
- Inspiring and innovative work environment;
- Hard working and engaging team with a big sense of humour;
- Possibilities for training and other learning opportunities;
- 12 months contract with a long term perspective;
- Business phone and laptop;
- Annual bonus based on target company business and individual goals;
Do you recognize yourself in the description above? Please feel free to contact Joana Teixeira; email@example.com. We would love to meet you and see if we can make an impact on society together!